Refuse - household waste - collection: Outline
We provide a weekly kerbside collection scheme of the following:
- Recycling using pink recycling sacks
- Textiles and clothing using clear textile recycling sacks
- Unavoidable cooked and uncooked food waste using the blue food waste collection bin
- Refuse (landfill waste) using black refuse sacks
- Garden waste using the green bin or pre-paid compostable sacks (opt into scheme)
In order to benefit from the collection services, we ask you to:
- Place your pink recycling and clear textile recycling sacks, blue food waste bins, garden waste (if applicable) and black refuse sacks by 7am on your scheduled collection day.
- Place your items where they can be seen and are easily accessible from the road. Please ensure they do not block the public highway (pavement or road).
- Ensure that the correct items are placed in the correct sack/bin.
- Clear Textile Recycling Sack Scheme
- Assisted Collections
- Missed Collections (All Services)
- Waste Collection Commitment - Recycling & Waste Customer Charter
- Recycling & Waste Services during Adverse Weather conditions
- Have a Green Christmas
- Bulky or Awkward Items
- Your Blue Food Waste Bin Needs You
- Garden Waste Collections
- Revised Bank Holiday Recycling & Waste Collections
- Recycling Sack Deliveries and Getting Additional Sacks
- Black Refuse Sack Scheme
- Flats and Multi-Occupational Properties
- Pink Recycling Sack Scheme
- Where can I put my compost bin?
- What can be home composted?
- What can't be composted?
- Using your compost
- Composting at Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Municipal Waste Management Strategy 2004-2020
- Waste Private Finance Initiative, Waste Partnership Essex
- Mini Recycling Centres
- Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Recycling Your Waste Electrical and Electronic Goods
- Battery Recycling
- Needles, Syringes and Drug Related Waste
- Abandoned Vehicles Reporting
- Rubbish Watch
- Fixed Penalty Notices
- Kerbside Recycling & Waste Collections - Overview
- Composting at Home
- Municipal waste strategy
- Street Care and Cleaning
Contact: Waste, Fly Tipping, Fly Posting & Graffiti
Telephone: 01702 215006Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER