Licences - Petroleum, Explosives & Fireworks: Outline
Under the Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928 the Trading Standards Group is the Petroleum Licensing Authority for premises storing petroleum spirit. This includes premises storing for private and public use.
Premises subject to the provisions of the Act may require a licence from the Council. The licence will include conditions for the safe keeping and use of the petroleum spirit.
An Officer from the Council will visit and inspect licensed premises at periodic intervals in order to ensure the conditions of the licence are being maintained. This will include checking the dispensers for leaks, the condition of the forecourt and the fire fighting equipment. The Officer will also inspect the site records to ensure the storage tanks are being regularly monitored and other health and safety precautions are being taken.
Explosives and Fireworks
The Explosives Act 1875 has now been replaced by the above legislation and all applications for the storage of explosives/fireworks of up to 250kg, and for storage of more than 250kg a registration and licence form will need to be completed.
The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) require employers to control the risks to safety from fire and explosions.
- Animal Licences
- Highway Projection Licences
- Fire Safety Licences
- Non Medical Licences
- Retail Licences
- Trade Licences
- Tables and Chairs on the Highway
- Licensing Act 2003 – Guidance For Schools
- Advertising Materials on the Public Highway ('A' Boards)
- Gambling and Lottery Licences
- Credit Licences
- Under Age Sales
- Four Rivers Estate Shoeburyness
- Crackdown on Underage Alcohol Sales
- Charitable Collections/High Street Activities
- Ear/Skin Piercing, Electrolysis, Tattooing and Acupuncture
- Licensing Act 2003 - Premise and Personal Licensing
- Motor Salvage Licence
- Massage and Special Treatment
- Licences and Street Trading
- Business and Street Trading Licences
Contact: Environmental Health, Trading Standards & Licensing
Telephone: 01702 215005Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER