Highway Permits - Highways - Place a Crane/Cherry Picker on the Public Highway

Record Details

Type of enquiry:

To obtain permission to place a crane/cherry picker on the Public Highway (Footpath/Carriageway) 

Information Required:

If you wish to place a crane or cherry picker on public land you must have first gained approval from Southend Councils Traffic and highway department.   

Please download and return the following documents:

Obtain permission to place a crane or cherry picker on the public highway

An additional application may be required to obtain permission for vehicle access onto pedestrian area of Southend High Street, or for a full road closure/traffic diversion. Please follow links for more information  - Application form for vehicular access to Southend High Street and Full road closure/traffic diversion.

Contact Details:

If you have any queries or problems downloading the documents please contact Highwaypermits@southend.gov.uk.

If an additional application is required please return to the main menu page.