Frequently Asked Questions: Fostering
Click a question to reveal the answer.
There are a number of different specific needs in fostering and these include:-
- Short term, which can be anything from a few days to 24 months or more.
- Long term, if a child on a short term placement needs to stay in foster care long term their carer will be asked if they wish to be a long term linked with that child to give them stability and peace of mind.
- Short break. offering regular support to a specific family with a child who has special needs.
- Remand Foster Care, taking a teenager who may be on a court order or 'tagged'
- Supported lodging, helping a young person aged 16 or over move onto independent living by 'renting' a room in your house.
Specialist foster carers- providing care for particularly traumatised children
Our team will be happy to discuss which form of fostering suits you and your family best within your current circumstances so please give us a ring.