Childcare (Disqualifications) Regulations 2009
Childcare Disqualification Regulations – Guidance for Schools
There is therefore now a requirement to check existing staff and short listed applicants.
Southend LSCB has drawn up guidance which is on their web page.
HR Services have prepared an advice note on HR issues arising from the Regulations and included the LSCB guidance, a Word version of the Regulations (which lists applicable convictions/cautions), and a Model Note for Staff, as appendices.
The HR advice note, appendices and the two DfE documents are posted on SLN.
All schools are asked to check whether the Regulations apply to staff on their school site and, if they do, to take action to comply with the requirements:
- HR Advice Note Childcare (Disqualification) Regs 2009 Nov 14
- Childcare Disqualification Requirements - LSCB Guidance for Schools Nov 14
- The Childcare (Disqualification) Regs 2009 Schedules 2 & 3 as of Nov 14
- Model Note for Staff Nov 14
- DfE KCSIE Childcare Disqualification Requirements - Supplementary Advice Oct 14
- DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education Apr 14
Page last updated: 19/06/2017