Help: Make a Reservation
To make free reservations of any items within Essex County simply log onto our Library catalogue website. To do this:
- select the 'My Account' link on the top menu bar
- enter your library ticket barcode (no spaces)
- enter your PIN code (normally your date of birth in the format of DDMMYY - no slashes, dots, etc. are used or the last 3 digits of your post code unless you have changed it).
Once logged in:
- Click on 'Search' across the the top menu bar.
- Enter your search term and click on the Search button or hit enter to begin your search.
- You will now see your results. Find the item you wish to reserve and click on the 'Reserve link beneath the description.
- Another screen will open and will list your pickup location, any costs and when the reservation expires. Select your desired pickup location (the default is always your home library as registered with us).
- Once your location is selected click on the 'Make reservation' button and the reservation window will tell you that the reservation has been accepted and that you will be told when it is ready for collection. Click on the 'OK' button to continue.
- To place more reservations repeat the process again with a new search.
To search for a specific format you can add to your search criteria CD, DVD or Spoken Word and this will restrict the items shown to you. You can also use the advanced search option (underneath the original search box - called More Searches) when you want to restrict your search to specific key words, dates of publication and language.
If you have not found the item you wanted on our Library catalogue you can request items by filling in our online request form.
Page last updated: 06/03/2017