Help: Renew your Items
You can log on to our Library Catalogue and renew your items online. To do this:
- select the 'My Account' link on the top menu bar.
- enter your Library ticket barcode (no spaces are to be used)
- enter your your PIN code (normally your date of birth in the format of DDMMYY - no slashes, dots, etc. are used or the last 3 digits of your post code unless you have changed it)
- select 'Current loans /renewals' from the menu on the left.
- either select the items you want to renew or select the 'Renew All' button
- you will be shown the items that are being renewed and any costs associated with this process. Select the 'Renewal' button to confirm your renewal or 'Skip renewal' to cancel it
- once committed you will be shown the new renewal date for your item under the 'due date' column.
Note: If you do not commit to them, no renewals will be applied to your ticket.
Items that cannot be renewed due to an item being requested by another borrower can only be renewed by calling your local library or the dedicated renewals line at Southend Library.
Items on their 7th renewal cannot be renewed and will need to be returned to the library for examination. If returned past their due date those items will incur a fine charge. If the item is not wanted by another borrower you are free to have the item issued to your ticket again.
Page last updated: 28/03/2017