Special Educational Needs

Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and EHC plans

Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans replaced Statements of Special Educational Needs and Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDAs) in September 2014 for children and young people from age 0 to 25. All young people with LDAs and the majority of children and young people with statements who continue to need support over and above that which schools and colleges can provide from their delegated funds, have already been issued an EHC plan. If your child still has a statement a review meeting planned in line with Southend’s Transition Plan before March 2018. For details please see Southend’s SEND local offer or visit the SHIP website.

Page last updated: 17/05/2017