Short Breaks for Disabled Children & Young People
Southend Children's Short Breaks Services Statement
All local authorities must produce a Short Breaks Services Statement to show:
- The range of short breaks services
- The criteria by which eligibility for services will be assessed
- How the range of services in their area is designed to meet the needs of families who have a child with a disability
Please click here to see Southend Children’s Short Breaks Services Statement.
Grant Funding for Southend Children's Short Breaks 2018 - 2019
Children and young people living in Southend, with severe disabilities, have benefitted from the range of resources and opportunities that have been developed under Southend Children’s Short Breaks grant funded programmes.
The plan for 2018-19 is to continue with these activities, promoting the development of new services that children and young people and their parents have suggested.
There are two grant opportunities for 2018-19:
- Southend Children’s Short Break Main Grant to a maximum of £10,000 – apply by 5pm on the 19th February 2018. These will be allocated in March 2018.
- Southend Children’s Short Break Community Access Grant for parents/carers to a maximum of £500 – apply throughout the year.
Short break opportunities should be available at times to suit children’s needs, such as after school, at weekends and during school holidays.
The following are seen as priorities by young people with disabilities and their families:
- Holiday play schemes, workshops and clubs
- Activities and/or adventure opportunities for young people and/or families
- Social activities including coach trips, youth groups and activities with animals
- Alternative therapies using music, art, drama ICT etc.
These are not exclusive.
Anyone interested in applying for a grant can either access the application forms from the links below or if you prefer you can contact us by:
Telephone: 01702 215989
- Short Break Main Grant Application 2018-19
- Short Breaks Main Grant Guidance 2018-19
- Short Breaks Community Access Grant Individual Application 2018/19
Southend Children’s Short Break: Main Grant – 19th February 2018 at 5pm
Southend Children’s Short Break: Community Access Grant – 31st January 2019
Page last updated: 03/01/2018