The Strategic Housing Team endeavours to bring forward affordable and supported housing in the borough, and assist to provide strategic direction for the Council and stakeholders in housing related matters. The main priorities of the Strategic Housing Team include:
- Assessing and planning for the current and future housing needs of the local population across all tenures.
- Working in partnership to develop and review some of our key housing strategy, policy and initiatives & look at impact of national policy on these.
- Encouraging and facilitating the supply of new affordable and supported housing to meet local needs and promote a sustainable and balanced housing market.
- Help to promote sustainability and the improvement in the quality of the existing housing stock.
- Working in partnership to secure effective housing and neighbourhood management.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council’s Housing Policies & Strategies
- Housing Strategy 2011-21
- Allocations Policy 2014
- Workplus Local Lettings Policy 2014
- Discharging Homelessness Duty Policy 2013
- Homelessness Prevention Strategy 2014-2017
- Homelessness Prevention Strategy Action Plan
- Strategic Tenancy Strategy 2013
- Aids and adaptations Policy
- Self and Custom Build Register
See below for a list of Registered Providers operating within the borough:
- Chelmer Housing Partnership (CHP)
- London & Quadrant (L&Q)
Help To Buy (Affordable home Ownership)
If you want to purchase a home of your own, but can’t afford to buy on the open market, Help to Buy could be your way onto the property ladder. The Government has created the Help to Buy scheme to help you take your first steps into home ownership.
There are a number of Help to Buy products designed to make buying a home more affordable. You can buy a home using one of the home ownership options, or rent a home at less than the market rent, allowing you to save for a future deposit.
Page last updated: 19/06/2017