Travelling to Southend-on-Sea
- From the North via A1, M11, M25 & A127 (M25 Junction 29 - 20 miles)
- From the South via M25, Dartford Tunnel, A13 (M25 Junction 30 - 25 miles)
A full Southend Street Map is available from Southend Visitor Information Centre:Southend Pier
Tel. 01702 215011
For information about where to park in Southend please see our Parking page.
Two direct rail lines operate between London and Southend-on-Sea. The journey time on both lines is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Southend Victoria (Liverpool Street line) - operated by Abellio Greater Anglia
- Southend Central (Fenchurch Street line) - operated by C2C
For further information please see our Useful Websites on the left.
- London Southend Airport - 2 miles from centre of Southend and 18 miles from Junction 29 of the M25
- London Stansted - approx. 40 miles by road
- London City Airport - approx. 35 miles by road
- London Gatwick Airport - approx. 59 miles by road
- London Heathrow Airport - approx. 78 miles by road
- London Cruise Terminal at the Port of Tilbury is only 25 miles away and arriving cruise passengers can reach Southend in about half an hour by train from Tilbury Town station (which is served by a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal).
- The Essex port of Harwich is just 58 miles from Southend and offers connections to/from Holland and Denmark.
Page last updated: 01/02/2017