Art and Music in Southend
Southend is a vibrant town with much to offer in the way of arts and entertainment. We have a wide range of activities across Southend. This includes:
- a series of free music events on the Bandstand in Priory Park during the Summer
- Lunchtime Recitals at the Civic Centre – for more information please go to our events page or download our leaflet.
- evening concerts - for more information please go to our events page
- music workshops for adults and children
- Southend Arts Council (SOSAC) promotes amateur arts across the borough and supports a wide range of local arts groups
- Metal organises and runs many art workshops from Chalkwell Hall. They also help provide studio space for artists
- Temporary Arts Project (TAP) offers studio and exhibition space to emerging young artists
- Southend Boys’ and Girls’ Choirs offer great opportunities for young singers
- Cliffs Pavilion and the Palace Theatre
- Focal Point Gallery is South Essex’s gallery for contemporary visual art.
- Southend Makes Music 2018
Page last updated: 01/02/2018