Dial a ride is a door to door transport service for people with disabilities who are unable to use public transport
Who can use Dial a Ride?
To use Dial a ride you must:
- Be a member of Dial a Ride
- Live within Southend
- Have difficulty using public transport because of disability or qualify under one of the following criteria:
- Be in receipt of Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Be registered blind
- Be in receipt of Higher Rate Attendance Allowance (for women aged over 60 and men aged over 65)
- Be in receipt of Mobility Supplement of War Pension.
Applying for a Dial-a-Ride Membership
Membership costs £12.50 and lasts for 12 months and we will contact you when it's time to renew your membership.
You can apply for a membership online or you can download a form. Once we have received this it will take up to 10 days to process. Once processed you will receive a phone call from us advising that you have been registered and the ways that the membership fee can be paid.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may take someone with you if a seat is available. If you need someone to be with you once you reach your destination, he or she will be sure of a seat. They must travel each way with you.
- Escorts for registered visually impaired people, travel free of charge.
How to book Dial a Ride
Please leave your name, telephone number, address, the destination you would like to travel to, trip times and any other details on our voicemail message booking line on 01702 212212.
You can call to make a booking between 8:30am and 11am only Mon to Fri, one week in Advance (for example, call on a Monday for the following Monday, a Tuesday for the following Tuesday and so on). Journeys will be on a strictly first come first served basis until all vehicles are full. Bookings cannot be taken outside of the times given above.
When can I use Dial a Ride?
Monday to Friday - 09:00 to 17:00
First pick is 9.15am and the last is 4.30pm
Where can I use Dial a Ride?
You can use Dial a Ride to go anywhere in the Southend, with the exception of hospital appointments as free transport is provided for these. However, we can take you to visit someone in hospital.
|Miles||Single Journey||return Journey|
|0 - 1 miles||£3.35||£6.70|
|1 - 4 miles||£3.90||£7.75|
|4 - 6 miles||£4.95||£9.90|
|6 + miles||£6.00||£11.95|
|Additional escort to travel||£2.75||£5.45|
All care dogs welcome and travel free of charge.
If you need to cancel a booking please call us on 01702 215871 before 9am on the day of booking.
Page last updated: 25/05/2017