Become an Approved Contractor
Vehicle crossings (also known as 'crossover' or 'dropped kerb') need to be authorised by us before they can be constructed. They also need to be constructed by a contractor whom we have approved.
To become one of our approved contractors you will need to:
- submit an application form and fee.
Before sending an application to us, you must meet our minimum qualifying criteria.
You must be:
- able to provide Public Liability Insurance Cover to a value of £5m
- able to demonstrate previous experience of similar works
- able to demonstrate Chapter 8 Compliance in relation to Signing & Guarding of Works
- NRSWA accredited
The Contractor Application fee is £100.00 and is non-refundable.
Please see our approved contractor downloads to read further information before you make an application. Applications can be:
- emailed to Environment-Applications@southend.gov.uk
- posted to:
Business Support Environment
Department for Place
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
PO Box 6, Civic Centre
Please make sure the envelope is also clearly marked 'Internal Personal'
Please allow up to four weeks for us to evaluate your application.
Page last updated: 29/09/2016