Disabled Parking Bays
In areas where there are parking difficulties, we provide individual parking bays for disabled people, subject to the set criteria being met and no other circumstances can be considered.
Do you fit the criteria?
You must be registered disabled and in all cases must be in receipt of either:
- the higher level of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance and / or higher level of the Personal Independance Payment (PIP)
- the higher rate of Attendance Allowance
- be the holder of a Blue Badge.
Additionally, your property should have:
- no off street parking facility, nor the opportunity to create an off street parking facility, and
- no existing waiting restrictions are operational at the location and the restriction cannot be removed for traffic or safety reasons.
Use of the bay
- The bay will not be located within 10 metres of a Junction.
- Although the bay is provided for the applicant, any vehicle displaying a blue badge can park in the bay.
- It cannot be reserved exclusively for the applicants use.
- The bay is an advisory marked bay only and enforcement cannot be carried if its used by a non blue badge holder.
How to apply for a bay?
If you satisfy the specified criteria, please click here to complete our online form.
Page last updated: 27/09/2017