Members Code Of Conduct
Southend-on-Sea Borough Councillors are subject to a Code of Conduct, which the Council agreed on 19th July 2012. Details of this can be found under Section 5a of the Constitution.
If you have reason to complain about a Councillor, please see the process below:
How to Complain:
If you feel that a Councillor or a Co-opted Member has breached the Code of Conduct, please complete a Complaint Form and send it to:Strictly Private & Confidential - Addressee only
The Monitoring Officer
c/o Head of Legal & Democratic Services
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Essex SS2 6ER
The following documents may be useful when making a complaint:
- Members' Code of Conduct (Part 5a of The Constitution)
- Appendix A - Complaint Form
- Appendix B - Complaints Procedure Flowchart
- Appendix C - Standards Complaints Assessment Criteria
- Appendix D - Investigation Procedure
- Appendix E - Standards Sub-Committee Hearing Procedure
Complaints against Leigh-on-Sea Town Councillors
Leigh Town Council has its own Code of Conduct. However, the Monitoring Officer of Southend-on-Sea Borough Council also deals with complaints about the conduct of Leigh-on-Sea Town Councillors.
If you have a complaint please follow the above process.
Page last updated: 16/03/2016