Using your Blue Badge
When you receive your Blue Badge you will also receive a Rights and Responsibilities booklet detailing how and when the badge should be used. Please read this booklet carefully as there are serious penalties for misusing your Blue Badge.
- You must display your badge on the dashboard, where it can be clearly read through the front windscreen.
- It is an offence to allow other people to use your badge to benefit from the concessions.
Where can I Park with my Blue Badge?
The authority allows Blue Badge holders to park free of charge all day in the following car-parks except where exceptions are shown.
View a detailed map of car parks in the borough.
- Belton Bridge (On Street Bays)
- Belton Gardens (North and South)
- Chalkwell Esplanade (On Street Bays)
- East Beach
- Eastern Esplanade
- Fairheads Green (Sea Life Adventure Aquarium)
- Leigh Foundry
- Leigh Marshes
- Ness Road (On Street Bays)
- Shoebury Common (North and South)
- Shorefield Road
- Thorpe Esplanade (On Street Bays)
- (East of)Victoria Road (On Street Bays)
- Victoria Wharf
- Western Esplanade (On Street Bays)
Southend Town Centre Parking
- Alexandra Street
- Civic Centre (North) - 2 hours free
- Clarence Road
- Elmer Approach
- Essex Street Bays
- Library - 2 hours free
- London Road North (Rear of Santander)
- On Street Bays (All)
- Short Street
- Tylers Avenue - Barrier Controlled, Tariff charge as displayed on entry
- University Square - Barrier Controlled, Tariff charge as displayed on entry
- Warrior Square
The authority also allows all day free of charge parking in on-street pay and display bays
- Ceylon Road
- Elm Road
- Hamlet Court Road
- Ilfracombe Avenue
- North Road
- North Street
- Thorpe Bay Broadway
Where not to park
- Places where there are loading and unloading restrictions.
- Parking places reserved for specific users.
- On any pedestrian crossings.
- On any clearways, double or single red lines or urban clearways during their hours of operation.
- Bus stops or bus, tram or cycle lanes.
- Where there are double white lines in the centre of the road.
- Anywhere it would be obstructive or cause a danger to others.
Further information about parking, along with travelling abroad can be found in the Rights and Responsibilities booklet that is sent to all successful applicants.
|From 1 April 2012, legislation prescribes that the eligibility of those applying 'subject to further assessment' be confirmed by an independent mobility assessor.
If you are claiming under the above criteria, you will be contacted direct by ABLE2 in order to confirm your eligibility.
Please note: Whilst ABLE2 will confirm eligibility, Southend Borough Council will at all times remain responsible for the issuing of the Blue Badge.
Last updated: 28th June 2013
Parking, Highways & Transport
Tel: 01702 215003