Help: Renew your items on the Online Library Catalogue (ELAN)
A dedicated renewals telephone line makes life easier to extend the loan of your books. Simply call 01702 215011, selecting option 2 for libraries followed by option 1 for renewals. The renewals line is available Monday - Friday 09:00 to 19:00 and Saturday 09:00 to 17:00 but is closed on Sundays.
Alternatively, you may log on to our Library website by selecting 'Online Library Catalogue (ELAN)' from the useful websites section on the right-hand side of this page.
Once on the site you will need to do the following to renew your items:
- Select the 'View your Record' link on the left
- Insert Library ticket barcode (all one string of numbers - no spaces are to be used)
- Insert PIN code (normally your date of birth in the format of DDMMYY - note no slashes, dots, etc. are used or the last 3 digits of your post code unless you have changed it)
- Select 'My loans, with possibility of renewal'
- Either select the items you want to renew or select the 'Renew All' button
- You will be shown the items that are being renewed and any costs associated with this process. Select the 'Renewal' button to confirm your renewal or 'Skip renewal' to abort the process.
- Once committed you will be shown the new renewal date for your under the 'Due date' column
NOTE: If you do not commit them no renewals will be applied to your ticket.
Items that cannot be renewed due to an item being requested by another borrower can only be renewed via the calling your local library or the dedicated renewals line at Southend Library.
Items on their 7th renewal cannot be renewed and will need to be returned to the library for examination. If returned past their due date those items will incur a fine charge. If the item is not wanted by another borrower you are free to have the item issued to your ticket again.
Last updated: 11th January 2012