View and Comment on Planning Applications Online
PublicAccess for planning
Our online system allows you to
- Search and comment on current applications
- View applications received after October 2010
- Access weekly/monthly lists of valid applications/ decisions
Please note - Documents are published online for the purpose of inspection in connection with planning applications and in accordance with the Council fulfilling its statutory obligations. Use of any copy documents may be restricted by law and the council may not be entitled to give, and does not give permission for use of these copies for any purpose.
Before you can use the PublicAccess system you must acknowledge that you have read, understood the data protection statements and agreed to the copyright and other limitations below.
The online planning history contained within the site at present is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal land charge search.Information available on Public Access relates to applications made since 1984. You are advised that basic information is available for 1984-1999 . More detailed information from 1999 onwards is available. However, in general supporting documents are only available to view for applications received after October 2010. For applications before 1984 please see Planning History Files.
No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from PublicAccess.
Similarly the information contained within PublicAccess does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on this site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.
We suggest Internet Explorer version 6 or above or FireFox 3.3 or "Chrome" as the preferred browsers but please note your local security settings may prevent full functionality running on this application.
We are aware that some customers may experience problems when using IE 10.0.9. We are currently working with our software provider for a solution to this but in the meantime if you prefer not to use another browser then you may use the pcs provided in the reception area of the Civic Centre, or those provided in the local libraries.
Plans, drawing and material submitted to the Council are protected by Section 47 of the 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patent Act.
You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.
Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Licence agreement for access to national and/or authority datasets
Welcome to the website ("PublicAccess website"), which is owned and operated by Southend Borough Council.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this PublicAccess website, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Southend Borough Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer.
Your continued use of this PublicAccess website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this Public Access website.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the Public Access website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Cambridge City Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this website.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this Public Access website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the PublicAccess website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this PublicAccess website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this PublicAccess website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this PublicAccess website are provided 'as is', and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the PublicAccess website.
The information you provide on this application will be used to determine the planning application and will form part of a public register maintained by Southend Borough Council. The register is available for public inspection online. In the event of an appeal this information will be passed to the Planning Inspectorate. The information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and appropriate planning legislation as is necessary for the Council to perform its statutory planning role.
Your comments and opinions will be taken into consideration when deciding the planning application and will form part of a public register maintained by Southend Borough Council. Representations submitted by members of the public are not currently available to view through PublicAccess due to concerns about confidentiality. However, any comments submitted are publicly available upon request from the planning department. Please note that anonymous comments cannot be taken into consideration. In the event of an appeal this information will be passed to the Planning Inspectorate. The information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and appropriate planning legislation as is necessary for the Council to perform its statutory planning role
Last updated: 16th October 2013
Planning, Development & Building Control
Tel: 01702 215004