View and Comment on Planning Applications Online
PublicAccess for planning
Accept Public Access terms and conditions as detailed below
The online planning history contained within the site at present is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal land charge search.
Under normal circumstances new applications will be able to be viewed within three working days of validation of the application.
The information available on PublicAccess relates only to applications made since July 1999 and you are advised that whilst details of planning applications are available from 1999 onwards, the plans and related documents are only available online from January 2009. Documents that pre-date PublicAccess are available to view in person by appointment at our Customer Service Centre.
With effect from the end of October 2010 the planning department implemented a new electronic document management system. As a result of this, the document date shown in the Associated Documents list may differ from the date the original document was received. For all key dates relating to the application please view the 'Important Dates' tab in PublicAccess or the date stamp on the document. If you experience any problems please contact Development Control.
No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from PublicAccess.
Similarly the information contained within PublicAccess does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.
We suggest Internet Explorer version 6 or above or FireFox 3.3 or "Chrome" as the preferred browsers but please note your local security settings may prevent full functionality running on this application.
Plans, drawing and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act).
You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.
Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Licence agreement for access to national and/or authority datasets
Welcome to the website ("PublicAccess website"), which is owned and operated by Southend Borough Council.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this PublicAccess website, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Southend Borough Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer.
Your continued use of this PublicAccess website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this Public Access website.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the Public Access website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Cambridge City Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this website.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this Public Access website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the PublicAccess website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this PublicAccess website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this PublicAccess website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this PublicAccess website are provided 'as is', and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the PublicAccess website.
The information you provide on this application will be used to determine the planning application and will form part of a public register maintained by Southend Borough Council. The register is available for public inspection online and also at our offices. In the event of an appeal this information will be passed to the Planning Inspectorate. The information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and appropriate planning legislation as is necessary for the Council to perform its statutory planning role.
Your comments and opinions will be taken into consideration when deciding the planning application and will form part of a public register maintained by Southend Borough Council. Representations submitted by members of the public are not currently available to view through PublicAccess due to concerns about confidentiality. However, any comments submitted are publicly available upon request from the planning department. Please note that anonymous comments cannot be taken into consideration. In the event of an appeal this information will be passed to the Planning Inspectorate. The information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and appropriate planning legislation as is necessary for the Council to perform its statutory planning role
Last updated: 19th December 2012