Prince's Time Trail of Prittlewell
The Blue Boar Public House
The Blue Boar was rebuilt in 1899 to make way for the new Victoria Avenue which connected Prittlewell to Southend. To the side, in West Street, was 'Reynolds' a fine early medieval house, demolished in 1906 to extend the Blue Boar. Reynold's magnificent fireplace is in Southend Museum. Roots Hall, a large 18th century house was almost opposite, and included the land on which the present Roots Hall Stadium was built. Look at the plaque on the Blue Boar to see its connection with Southend United.
Last updated: 25th May 2010