Libraries Week at Southend Libraries
Published Monday, 9th October 2017
Here at Southend Libraries we are very excited about the upcoming Libraries Week this October.
We have lots happening in our Library branches and we would love to share all the goings-on with you!
The week is kicking off on Tuesday 10 October with return of “Colour Me Calm”, the first of four free weekly sessions to help improve wellbeing, and promote creativity through adult colouring. A great opportunity to meet new people and have fun! Materials are supplied but, please feel free to being your own. Join us from 11am – 12:30pm at the Forum Southend.
Later in the week is the highly anticipated launch of Southend’s 8th Children’s Book Festival, with a host of authors, poets, illustrators and storytellers – guaranteed family fun. Join Blue Peter Book Award winner Adam Frost at the Forum Southend on Saturday 14 October for an epic interactive event. Learn all about writing non-fiction and participate in an adults vs children quiz. Suitable for 7 years +. Tickets £3.50 each available from Eventbrite – other upcoming exciting Children’s Book Festival events can be found here for all our branches.
You can join in the popular StoryRhymes sessions this Autumn Term at any of our branches. Weekly, free half hour fun-packed sessions of stories and nursery rhymes for children under 5 their parents, grandparents and carers.
- Monday - Kent Elms Library, 10:30am
- Tuesday - Westcliff Library, 9:30am & 10:30am
- Wednesday - The Forum Southend, 9:30am & 10:30am
- Thursday - Southchurch Library, 9:30am & 10:30am
- Thursday - Leigh Library, 9:30am
- Friday - Shoeburyness Library, 9:30am
- Friday – Leigh Library, 10:30am
For more information please contact the Bookstart Team on 01702 212120 or visit their Facebook page.
Pop into the Forum Foyer at the Forum Southend on Tuesday 10 October and say “hello” to the friendly Bluebird Care team. The community care team have hired the Foyer to promote their service: “We are a Community Care company and visit vulnerable people in their homes helping them remain as independent as possible. We will have application packs available, posters advertising our services and job vacancies”. Please visit The Forum website to find out more about spaces to hire.
We have lots more events and activities too; from the Crafty One’s Knitting group every Thursday 11am – 3pm in the Forum Space at the Forum Southend, to the Southchurch Children’s Book Club, fortnightly Saturdays 10am – 11am at Southchurch Library. Not forgetting the Forum Board Game Club, 12-4pm fortnightly at the Forum Southend.
Are you making the most of your Library membership?
Did you know you can?...
- Borrow up to 14 items on your Library card
- Choose from thousands of items for all ages, including audio books, large print and DVDs
- View the online catalogue 24/4
- Access the Internet using WIFI, or a Library PC
- Download e-books, e-magazines and e-audio books 24/7
- Explore free learning courses from Universal Class
- Join a book group to find new friends
- Meet others in your community at your local Library, on a mobile Library near you, or if you can’t get out easily, via the Home Library Service
We hope to see you in one of our branches to celebrate Libraries Week with us.