Help to make your summer holidays go swimmingly!
Published Wednesday 13th July 11 in Council - news and information releases news
Develop your swimming skills at a variety of crash courses at Shoeburyness Leisure Centre this summer
On offer at the centre in Delaware Road, Shoeburyness, are lessons for children of all ages and abilities:
- Aquazone Level One - for children who are unable to swim without aids (must be school age).
- Aquazone Level Two - for children who can swim five metres on their fronts and backs
- Water Polo - for children to learn the skills to play the fun team game of water polo. (Children must be aged eight and over, and must be able to swim)
- Rookie Lifeguard - for children aged eight and over, to develop water skills to keep themselves and others, safe around water
- Mile Swims - for competent swimmers to achieve swimming a mile.
The Aquazone Swimming Lessons Crash Courses, Water Polo and Rookie Lifeguard courses each cost £19 for five days, while the Mile Swims cost £7 including a certificate and badge
The crash courses will be held on these dates:
- Monday 25th July to Friday 29th July
- Monday 1st August to Friday 5th August
- Monday 8th August to Friday 12th August
- Monday 15th August to Friday 19th August
- Monday 22nd August to Friday 26th August
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council's Executive Councillor for Culture and Tourism, Councillor Derek Jarvis said: "Not only is swimming fun, enjoyable and an excellent way to help children keep fit and healthy, it is a skill that could also save their lives.
"These summer holiday swimming courses will also give children a great sense of achievement."
For more information on these courses, contact 01702 293558 or email: Shoeburyness@parkwood-communitylesiure.co.uk