Learn about the benefits of greener travel – for FREE
Published Tuesday 9th October 12 in Council - news and information releases news
Calling all residents and businesses with an interest in sustainable transport – do you want to learn how you can travel better in Southend?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then ‘Ideas in Motion’ – the second annual conference for Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) stakeholders - is the event for you.
The conference, which is being hosted by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and is free to attend, will take place between 10am and 3pm on Monday 22nd October at the Tickfield Centre.
It’s open to all organisations, businesses, community groups, service providers and residents with an interest in developing, supporting and using sustainable transport.
Delegates will learn about the LSTF’s behavioural change campaign ‘Ideas in Motion’ and what the programme has achieved so far.
You will also discover how you can get involved in promoting and encouraging sustainable transport in Southend.
The conference will include live presentations, a ‘market place’ area and workshop sessions. Refreshments and lunch will also be provided.
Keynote speeches include:
· ‘Sustainable Transport and Economic Growth’ - Philipp Thiessen, Head of Investment Appraisal Scrutiny at the Department for Transport
· ‘Ideas in Motion – Encouraging Behavioural Change and Sustainable Transport Choices’ – Jon Bennett, Director of Linstock Communications Ltd
· ‘Sustainable Choices - Healthy Choices’ – Phil Insall, Director of Health and International at Sustrans
A series of workshops will also be held, including:
· ‘A Call to Action’ – encouraging behavioural change or getting more people to make sustainable travel choices more often, led by Linstock Communications Ltd
· ‘Healthy Transport’ – how travel choices can support health and fitness, led by Southend’s Public Health Team and
· ‘The Business Case for Sustainable Transport Choices’ - how choosing sustainable transport can help your Business, led by the Low Carbon Business Project.
Executive Councillor for Public Protection, Waste and Transport, Tony Cox, said: “It’s in all our interests to encourage people to travel as sustainably as possible.
“Some excellent speakers are scheduled to address this conference and it doesn’t cost a penny to attend. If you’re interested in sustainable transport in Southend I’d urge you to book now.”
To book your place at the conference call Jaimi Bennett on 01702-212946 or go to www.ideasinmotionsouthend.eventbrite.co.uk