Traffic Count Data
The purpose of the Transport Data Report is to:
- support the monitoring requirements of the Local Transport Plan (LTP) Annual Progress Report and the development of the 2nd LTP;
- outline the requirements for transport data collection and monitoring;
- report on the 2004 data collection and monitoring carried out in Southend-on-Sea by the Borough Council; and
- undertake a comparative analysis between 2000 and 2004 data.
Local Transport Plan performance/best value indicators based on this transport data and the wider transport policy context are detailed in the separate LTP Annual Progress Report.
The assessment of the Local Transport Plan's progress is dependent on the monitoring of key performance indicators and analysis of trends using the collected data. Targets have been set and these are included within the LTP Annual Progress Report 2004/05. The transport data contained in this report represents the sixth year of data collection for Southend on Sea Borough Council as a Unitary Authority and is directly related to monitoring the outcome of projects. The report includes an update on last year's data such as traffic flows, journey times, levels of vehicle occupancy, pedestrian and cycle flows. In addition, comparisons are made with national traffic indicators as to the performance of the LTP in a wider context.
Which Transport Data to Collect?
The Annual Progress Report (APR) provides local authorities with a mechanism to inform the government on how their LTP's are being implemented and the progress towards achieving the local objectives, and national and local targets. Furthermore, the APR will assist in reporting the achievements of authorities in delivering the LTP to local residents, stakeholders and other interest groups.
Last updated: 28th June 2010
Further pages in Traffic Counts
- You are here Traffic Count Data
- Traffic Accident Data