Services for people with Dementia
We provide support to help you live as independently as possible and have a good quality of life. Support Services include:
- Residential Care
- Day Centres
- Hot Meals
- Home Care
- Occupational therapy, wheelchairs and home equipment
- Direct Payments - to allow you to arrange your own care
- Personal alarm systems and other equipment to keep you safe at home
- Help with housing - such as sheltered housing
- Information and advice
You will need to have a needs assessment to see if you qualify for services. You can apply for this on-line.
If you don't qualify for help, we can give you advice on how to get other community services.
We are working on a new way of arranging social care that gives people more choice, control and independence. This is called Self Directed Support.
You might be eligible for free care funded by the NHS. To find out you will need to have an assessment for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
For further information on services and support for older people, see the Age Uk website link on the right of this page.
Local Services and support:
Last updated: 19th November 2012
Further pages in Services for people with Dementia
- You are here Services for people with Dementia
- Are you worried about your memory?