Help for Families, the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credits
Free DVD, support and advice available, help for eligible families with childcare costs.
The Chancellor's Spending Review statement delivered on 20 October included the following, which applies from April 2011:
The Chancellor announced a number of changes relating to tax credits:
- freezing the basic and 30 hour elements of tax credits for three years
- changing the Working Tax Credit eligibility rules so that couples with children must work 24 hours per week between them
- returning the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit to its previous 70 per cent level
- increasing the child element of the Child Tax Credit by a further £30 in 2011-12 and £50 in 2012-13 above indexation, meaning annual increases of £180 and then £110
For advice on Childcare options in Southend visit the Family Information Service page or contact the Family Information Service via the Related Services link.
Daycare Trust advises parents and carers and can provide further guidance and support:
- A range of information and factsheets for parents are available on line at Day Care Trust
- Visit Paying for Childcare for information on paying for childcare costs
- There is a helpline for parents on 0845 872 6251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about childcare registration visit the Ofsted website.
Contact the Tax Credit helpline on 0845 300 3900 to find out if you are entitled to claim and to request a claim form or visit the HM Revenue & Customs website.
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) are the UK's financial regulator and they aim to improve people's knowledge and confidence in managing their financial affairs, they are an independent and impartial service. They publish the Parent's Guide to Money and a range of fact sheets and can provide support and information.
Contact FSA on 0300 500 5000 or visit their website.
For help with claiming benefits and tax credits:
Last updated: 24th May 2011
Further pages in Help for Families, the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credits
- You are here Help for Families, the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credits
- Help for Families, the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credits Video
Tel: 01702 215007