Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
City Deal to transform Southend-on-Sea into major business centre - 10th March 2014
Exciting plans have been unveiled today to redevelop deprived parts of Southend and create a business hub for entrepreneurship and innovation.
Railway painting put Southend on tourist map - 10th March 2014
Thrilled staff from Southend’s Beecroft Art Gallery have just been presented with a sought-after original artwork painted to bring tourists flocking.
Southend Benefits from increased investment - 7th March 2014
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council has been successful in the second round of Coastal Communities Funding, gaining £1.25m to significantly enhance and diversify tourism in the area.
Council is ‘switching off’ for Earth Hour - 6th March 2014
In support of World Wildlife Fund’s Earth Hour 2014, Southend on Sea Borough Council is switching off all non-essential lighting in the Civic Centre between 8.30 and 9.30pm on Saturday, March 29.
New approach tackles truants and helps families - 6th March 2014
A dynamic new Southend initiative is keeping truanting children in school and stopping their parents being fined.
Council's new look website unveiled - 6th March 2014
A quicker click to everything you need on Southend-on-Sea Borough Council’s revamped website - www.southend.gov.uk
Ofsted report is "good" for Eastwood Primary School and Nursery - 4th March 2014
Yet another Southend school has been rated ‘good’ by Ofsted inspectors.
Southend Market Grows! - 4th March 2014
Business is so brisk and flourishing at Southend’s Thursday High Street market that traders are queuing to join the throng.
Teenage pregnancy rates continue to fall in Southend - 4th March 2014
Latest Office for National Statistics data reveals a five year trend of reducing teenage pregnancies in the borough.
Council sets 2014/15 budget - 28th February 2014
At its meeting on Thursday 27th February, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council set its budget for 2014/15.
- Part 3 - Schedule 1a & 1b - 10th March 2014
- Sexual Exploitation Information Report Form - 10th March 2014
- SET Child Sexual Exploitation Risk Assessment Toolkit Southend - 10th March 2014
- SET Child Sexual Exploitation Policy 2013 - 10th March 2014
- Southend Libraries Online Library - 10th March 2014
- Landlords' Forum Newsletter 10 - March 2014 - 10th March 2014
- Agenda & Timetable SBC Landlords Forum 19th March 2014 - 10th March 2014
- Moving Traffic and Speed Limit Amend No. 1 Order 2014 - 10th March 2014
- Council Tax Information Leaflet 2014-15 - 10th March 2014
- Moving Traffic and Speed Limit Amend No. 1 Order 2014 DRAFT - 10th March 2014
- Better Southend Transport Archive - 11th March 2014
- A127 Tesco’s Junction Improvements - 11th March 2014
- City Beach Pedestrian Crossing Enhancement - 11th March 2014
- About Better Southend - 11th March 2014
- Southend PIER Mentoring - 7th March 2014
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - 7th March 2014
- Recycling and Waste Policies and Strategies - 6th March 2014
- Tender Opportunities - 6th March 2014
- About Southend Airport - 5th March 2014
- Getting to Southend Airport - 5th March 2014
Spring Thyme - Folk & Ale - 10th March 2014
In conjunction with Southend Borough Council, the Leigh Folk Festival Association is staging the second Annual Folk'n'Ale on the Pier.
Stay Safe Fete - 6th March 2014
A fun day.
Dementia Advice Sessions - 6th March 2014
A host of advice sessions about dementia being held in libraries throughout Southend from Monday 20th January, along with opportunities for people to find out more about the Dementia Friends scheme.
Beach Art by Frank Cunnington - 3rd March 2014
Returning with an inspired selection of assemblage art, Frank Cunnington presents his intrinsically authentic vision of Southend.
Ready For Work - 3rd March 2014
These sessions are aimed at those seeking employment that need assistance in using Information Communication Technology (ICT).
A November Day - 27th February 2014
In forgotten boxes in an attic, a woman discovers the story of her grandfather, a survivor of the First World War, and his unexpected encounter with a stray dog who knew no boundaries. With evocative
Healthy Living Fair - 26th February 2014
The Essex Asian Women's Association presents Live Life Well Healthy Living Fair
Simply stride - 26th February 2014
The Simply Stride and Cycle techniques enable better quality of movement using pilates, yoga and Alexander technique principles empowering you to move well, live well and feel great - Simply Stride!
Buggy Walk - 26th February 2014
A walk aimed at new mums with buggies.
Garrison Heritage Walk - 26th February 2014
A guided Walk.