Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
A-Level results above national average once again - 17th August 2017
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is congratulating the Borough’s sixth form students after they received their results today.
Free wifi coming to Southend-on-Sea - 16th August 2017
Free public WiFi is coming to various parts of the Borough this September, with users able to enjoy unlimited free browsing without running up large bills for data usage.
Pay to park on your smartphone - 15th August 2017
Rummaging through pockets for change to pay for parking will soon be a thing of the past, as the Council rolls out smartphone payments at its car parks.
Views sought over new generation of CCTV - 15th August 2017
Southend residents and businesses are being asked for their views on a proposed upgrade of the Borough’s CCTV network.
Herbert protocol launched in Southend-on-Sea - 14th August 2017
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is supporting Essex Police implement a national scheme locally, which aims to reduce the time taken to gather vital details when a person with dementia goes missing.
Have your say on Leigh school catchment and admissions - 9th August 2017
Residents can discuss catchment and admission proposals for nine schools in the Leigh area, with places still available at three local ‘listening and engagement’ sessions.
Council and partners respond to Met Office rain alert - 9th August 2017
A Met Office Yellow Warning of Rain has been issued – which currently brings a very low likelihood of medium impacts for many parts of the East of England this warning is valid for the rest of today.
Family fun at Estuary huts on the pier - 8th August 2017
Residents and visitors are flocking to new Estuary beach huts on the pier, offering a selection of different activities for the whole family.
Multi-storey car park given green light - 4th August 2017
Our Development Control Committee has given permission for the Council to demolish an ageing car park on Victoria Avenue and build a new multi-storey car park with more spaces in its place.
Trading Standards team continues to crack down on illegal tobacco - 3rd August 2017
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council Trading Standards officers are extending their fight against shops selling illegal tobacco products in Southend.
- Application for Renewal of Getting a Premise Approved for Marriages - Ecko Social and Sports Club - 17th August 2017
- Corporate Plan and Annual Report - 2017 Summary Presentation - 17th August 2017
- Corporate Plan and Annual Report - 2017 Summary Leaflet - 17th August 2017
- EXSCAAP058 Response to Additional 14a Addendum: REP-602-1 - 16th August 2017
- EXSCAAP057 Response to Additional 14a Addendum: REP-788-9 - 16th August 2017
- EXSCAAP056 Response to Additional Document 14a Addendum: REP-588-7 - 16th August 2017
- Mobon User Guide - 15th August 2017
- Application for Renewal of Getting a Premise Approved for Marriages - Cliffs Pavilion - 15th August 2017
- Southend Carnival 2017 Road Closures - 15th August 2017
- Employee Equality Report - March 2017 - 14th August 2017
- Animal Feed Licensing - 3rd August 2017
- Council Tax Penalties - 27th July 2017
- LEAP (Local Energy Advice Programme) - 20th July 2017
- What is Universal Credit - 18th July 2017
- Universal Credit or Housing Benefit - 18th July 2017
- Town-centre Redevelopment Improvement Project (TRIP) - 5th July 2017
- Parking Dispensations - 3rd July 2017
- Coach Parking - 21st June 2017
- Transition to Adult Life - 20th June 2017
- Summer Information - 19th June 2017
Exhibition of Paintings from Leigh Art Studio - 17th August 2017
Discover an exciting exhibition of paintings from local artists in the Forum Space.
Expressionism by the Sea by Barry Norfolk - 17th August 2017
The Forum Space will be hosting a colourful and captivating exhibition of acrylic and watercolour paintings of coastal scenes, by award winning local artist: Barry Norfolk.
Poetry Reading with Dorothy Turner - 16th August 2017
Join local poet Dorothy Turner for a poetry reading, as part of the Essex Poetry Festival.
Hide & Shriek - 15th August 2017
Hide and Shriek is one of the top visitor attractions in the South-East, approximately one hour from London located in the popular coastal town of Southend-on-Sea.
Art History Mornings: A Russian Summer - 15th August 2017
Russia might be “a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma”, as Churchill put it, but the exhilarating creative power of Russian art from the 1870s to the 1917 Revolution is one hell of a ride!
Fun Palaces - 15th August 2017
Enjoy the wonders our community has to offer.
Fabulous Seafront Fireworks by BID - 15th August 2017
Come and join us on the seafront for a fantastic free fireworks display!
Southend Italian Festival - 15th August 2017
We Brits have an enduring love affair with Italy and all things Italian. From its cars to the world-famous cuisine, chic fashion to delicious wine, we can’t get enough of il bel paese.
South East Dance Festival - 15th August 2017
3 Arenas, over 50 artists, 4,999 people and You!
Craig Campbell Easy Tiger Tour - 14th August 2017
The majestic mountain moose in a tiger striped onesie brings his thrilling new show ‘Easy Tiger’ out of the Fringe jungle and onto the world stage for his 3rd solo tour.
Latest Press Releases
- Southend Libraries & Museums New E-Newsletter! - 3rd June 2015