Business Rates Grants 2020 to 2022
Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
On 21 December 2021, the Government announced further assistance for businesses in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors that offer in-person services that are being affected by the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
Businesses in these sectors that are eligible for a grant are those that:
- Are liable for business rates and have premises on the Council’s rating list as at 30 December 2021.
- The premise must be occupied on 30 December 2021 (not empty).
- The business must be trading on 30 December 2021.
Businesses are only eligible where their main service falls within hospitality, leisure or accommodation. Where a business provides other services, the main service will be determined by assessing whether or not 50% of the overall income of the business falls into one of these eligible categories. Please click here for further guidance on businesses that are eligible for the grant: Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant Eligibility
For businesses that are eligible the following grant will be available per premise that they are liable for:
- Premises with a Rateable Value(RV) of exactly £15,000 or below – one off payment of £2,667
- Premises with a Rateable Value(RV) over £15,000 and less than £51,000 – one off payment of £4,000
- Premises with a Rateable Value(RV) of exactly £51,000 or over – one off payment of £6,000
Applications are now being welcomed:
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2022 and no payments can be made after 31 March 2022.
Additional Restrictions Grant – Phase 2
The application period for this grant scheme is now closed. The last date an application could be made was 10th September 2021.
Restart Grants - April 2021
This scheme is now closed: the final date to submit an application was 30th June 2021.
Local Restriction Support Grants
This scheme is now closed with the final date to submit an application being 31st May 2021.
Full eligibility criteria
Additional eligibility criteria apply for each grant scheme. If you would like full information, see our business support grant guidance for Southend-on-Sea based businesses: Full business support grant guidance
What you will need
Before starting the application process for the support grants, please ensure you have read through the eligibility criteria below and have the following information to hand:
- Business Rates Account Number
- Company Number
- SIC Code (as per companies house)
- Number of employees
- Unique tax reference
- National Insurance Number
- VAT Registration Number
- Date your business commenced trading
- Bank details (Account name, sort code and account number)
- A copy of the most recent bank statement that can be uploaded (please see below)
Additional information or evidence may be required at the assessment stage.
Please ensure your supporting documents are:
- good quality and readable
- in a common file format, such as PDF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
- a maximum file size of 20MB
Appeals and updates on the processing of grants
The Business Rates team process Business Grants. Should you need to discuss your ongoing application please either contact the team via email or telephone on 01702 215001 to discuss directly with a member of the team. Please wait ten (10) days from your application before contacting the team to enquire.
Other support available
If you are not eligible for a discretionary grant, you may be eligible for other government business support.
For further information on help available to businesses please go to Coronavirus Business Support. This page is updated as and when new information is provided.