We have funded the following three projects to provide business support in Southend.
Deyton Bell: Southend Business Lift-Off
This project will offer five different services to entrepreneurs in Southend. Deyton Bell will provide a triage service to entrepreneurs to identify their needs and the best routes to meet these.
- pre-start will be supported to assist aspirational entrepreneurs to develop viable business ideas
- new start-ups will be supported with the development of businesses less than 12 months old
- early-stage businesses (1-3 years old) will be supported with development
All entrepreneurs will receive ongoing pro bono support for the following 12 months. This will be in the form of a peer group and helpline.
For more information visit Deyton Bell’s website.
Let’s Do Business Group: Finance advice for business
This project will provide support to small and micro businesses.
An expert business advisor will support the business in planning for and accessing finance to help sustain and develop.
The support is available for up to 12 hours free of charge and provides 1-2-1 support with:
- the development of action plans
- the creation of financial forecasts
- possible access to finance
- taking steps for moving forward
To find out more about this project visit the project website.
Southend City Council Economic Inclusion Team: Southend Business Navigator
The newly appointed Southend Business Navigator will aim to continue the great work of the BEST Growth Hub in Southend.
They will provide businesses with support. This will be in the form of signposting to the appropriate help where available.
The service will be available to contact online or by phone.
They will also contact local businesses to advise of business support on offer.