Southend Children's Short Breaks Services Statement
All councils must produce a short breaks services statement that shows:
- the range of short breaks services
- how the eligibility criteria for services will be assessed
- how services will meet the needs of families who have a disabled child
See our Southend Children’s Short Breaks Services Statement for 2020/2021.
Grant Funding for Southend Children's Short Breaks 2020 - 2021
There are two grant opportunities in 2020 - 2021:
- Southend Children’s Short Break Main Grant to a maximum of £10,000
- Southend Children’s Short Break Community Access Grant for parents/carers to a maximum of £500 – apply throughout the year
Short breaks should be available at times to suit children’s needs, such as:
- after school
- at weekends
- during school holidays
Young people with disabilities and their families see the following as priorities:
- holiday play schemes, workshops and clubs
- activities and/or adventure opportunities for young people and/or families
- social activities including coach trips, youth groups and activities with animals
- alternative therapies using music, art, drama, ICT etc.
These are not exclusive.
If you want to apply for a grant fill out an online form or contact us via email.
You can fill out the form online.
Opening Date for Main Grant Applications 2021 - 2022
Southend Children’s Short Break – Main Grant 5 January 2021