- Opening Times
Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 22:00.
Events in the weekends may be available on request
The venue has been risk assessed and has received Covid secure status.
- What can our rooms be used for?
The bright, modern adaptable rooms provide the perfect setting for a variety of events including:
- business meetings and away days
- interviews and private appointments
- arts and crafts workshops
- exhibitions and functions
- sports and fitness classes
- performing and martial arts
- meditation and relaxation
- support and social groups
- 121 and group tuition
- Council meetings
The centre has the council chamber, committee rooms and meeting rooms which can be hired by the:
- on a short-term basis
Our room hire fees can be found at the bottom of this page.
We also have a large public foyer area suitable for table sales and promotional display. Please Note: Promotional displays are currently suspended
The centre offers a wide range of facilities which include:
- manned reception desk
- accessible location
- self-serve room hire
- pay and display parking
- adaptable room layouts (S, M, L, XL)
- free filtered water
- free Wi-Fi
- public toilets
- excellent transport links
- bike shelter
We also have equipment available for you to use.
The Civic is located close to central Southend, its beaches; miles of beautiful coastline and of course Southend’s famous Pier.
- London Southend Airport is just 10 minutes away by road
- close to Prittlewell train station, where you can reach London Liverpool Street train station within the hour
- 5 minutes stroll to main bus and coach routes in and out of the town
- minutes away from major road connections towards London via the A13 and A127 leading to the M25
- on-site pay and display parking
- Contact Us
Please fill out our online enquiry form to check availability or to arrange a time to view the centre.
Complete the Southend Venues Table Sales & Promotional Display Booking Form to book this space
Corporate Venues Team Office Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:30-17:00
Telephone: 01702 212032
- Room Hire Fees
Standard Room Hire Fees (Monday - Sunday 8:30 - 22:00 Saturday Civic Centre Hourly Half Day Full Day 3hrs up to 1 hour up to 4 hours up to 9 hours 09:00 - 15:00 Small Rooms £15 £40 £80 - Meeting Rooms
(Weekdays 09:00 - 17:00 only
Regular Rooms £20 £60 £120 £50 Committee Rooms 2 • 7 Medium Rooms £30 £100 £200 £75 Committee Rooms 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 Large Rooms £45 £160 £320 £125 Committee Rooms 1.4a Extra Large Rooms £80 £300 £500 Conference Chamber inc Public Gallery
Publications relating to Southend Venues can be provided in alternative formats such as Braille, audio-tape, or in large print and translated into alternative languages.
Please contact Southend Venues by emailing or call 01702 212032 if any alternative formats are required.