- Opening Times
Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 17:00.
Events in the evenings and at weekends may be available on request
The venue has been risk assessed and has received Covid secure status.
The centre is also home to the Driving Vehicles Standards Agency (DVSA) where they carry out the driving practical tests. This is with an aim to make the centre a central hub for business and community use.
- What can our rooms be used for?
Our bright, modern adaptable rooms provide the perfect setting for a variety of events including:
- business meetings and away days
- theory training and examinations
- interviews and private appointments
- arts and crafts workshops
- office accommodation and project offices
- exhibitions and functions
- sports and fitness classes
- performing and martial arts
- meditation and relaxation
- support and social groups
- 121 and group tuition
- information technology (Computer IT Suite)
The centre has ten rooms which can be hired by the:
- on a short-term basis
These can be self-service, or you can get as much assistance as you need from the team on site.
Room hire fees can be found at the bottom of this page.
The centre offers a wide range of facilities which include:
- manned reception desk
- free parking for up to 80 vehicles on site
- air conditioning / heating
- adaptable room layouts (S, M, L, XL)
- free filtered water
- free Wi-Fi
- toilets on-site
- IT suite
- bike shelter
We also have equipment available for you to use.
Tickfield is located close to central Southend, beaches; miles of beautiful coastline and of course Southend’s famous Pier.
- London Southend Airport is just 10 minutes away by road
- close to Prittlewell train station, where you can reach London Liverpool Street train station within the hour
- 5 minutes stroll to main bus and coach routes in and out of the town
- minutes away from major road connections towards London via the A13 and A127 leading to the M25
- on-site parking for up to 80 cars
- Contact Us
- Room Hire Fees
Standard Room Hire Fees Off Peak Offers Tickfield Centre Hourly Half Day Full Day Wed 3hrs Sundays 3hrs up to 1 hour up to 4 hours up to 9 hours 16:00 - 22:00 09:00 - 15:00 Small Rooms £15 £50 £100 - - Meeting Rooms (Weekdays 09:00 to 17:00 only Regular Rooms £30 £110 £220 £75 £100 Caxton • Evolution • Cole • The Works Medium Rooms £40 £140 £280 £75 £100 Seacole Large Rooms £45 £160 £320 £100 £100 Darwin • Johnson Extra Large Rooms £55 £210 £380 £150 £150 Darwin Evolution (including lectern and hearing loop)
Publications relating to Southend Venues can be provided in alternative formats such as Braille, audio-tape, or in large print and translated into alternative languages.
Please contact Southend Venues by emailing or call 01702 212032 if any alternative formats are required.