Highway permits

If you wish to use/excavate the public highway you must first obtain highway permit approval from Southend-on-Sea City Council. Please note all permissions/agreements must be in place prior to commencing works on the highway, therefore please allow enough time when making your application. The Notice Period required for each permit type can be found by clicking on the notice period link below. Please select a link from the options in the A-Z Directory below for more information.

Search the directory

Go to top