Coronavirus - (COVID-19)

Worried? Need help with food shopping or other tasks? If you have no friends or family nearby who can help then please call our helpline on 01702 212497.

Visit our Coronavirus page for the latest advice and guidance.

Licence Directory - Highway Projection Licenses

Record Details

Highway Projection Licenses

You need to have a licence to have any display which may protrude/project over a public highway.

The maximum depth that the display can protrude over the public footway is 1.05 metres (3 feet 6 inches), subject to 2.10 metre (7 feet) clear passageway between the edge of the display and the road (or anything on the pavement e.g. a bollard or phone box).

You are also likely to need planning permission or advertisement consent. Please check with us. Licences will normally be given as part of the planning process of some structures. Sometimes you may have to get a Highway Projection Licence separately.

Application Form

Please contact us to apply for this licence.

Price Guide

Fees and Charges