Online Forms

We have updated our online forms, so you may see a new sign up or log in process and some forms may be unavailable. If a form you need is not available please email

Find out more...

Licence Directory - Tables and Chairs Licence

Record Details

Tables and ChairsĀ Licence

Many businesses like to offer an outdoor seating area for their customers to consume food and drink. These may include cafes, bars and restaurants.

If the tables and chairs are placed on the public pavement then the business will need a licence.

Once you have applied your application will have a 28 day consultation period. In this time your application will be sent to various authorities inside and outside the council for comments. Anyone else who may be affected by the application will also be consulted, most often neighbouring premises.