MySouthend has recently been upgraded and some customers are required to re-register. Customers affected will receive an email over the coming week with instructions on how to proceed.

Highway Permits - Highways - Excavate the Public Highway (Private Contractors Only)

Record Details

Type of enquiry:

To obtain permission to excavate the public highway if you are a private contractor.
Information Required:
If you wish to excavate the public highway you must have first gained approval from Southend Councils Traffic and Highway Department.   
Please download, complete and email the following application Section 50 including supporting evidence to and to make payment click on the following link
Contact Details:

If you have any queries or problems downloading the documents please contact

If an additional application is required please return to the main menu page.