Paying for your Care and Personal Assistants

If You Pay for Your Care

If you qualify for social care services, we will carry out a financial assessment to see whether you have enough money to pay some or all of the cost.

The amount we ask you to pay will depend on any income and savings that you have and the types of benefits you may receive. This may include the value of any property that you own if you are considering residential care. If you have to pay for your own care, this is known as self-funding or privately funding.


If you have to pay for your own care, we would strongly recommend that you seek financial advice from a Specialist Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) to discuss the care funding options available.

We can also check to see if you qualify for Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payments (formerly Disability Living Allowance), as they do not take your income or savings into account.

If you don’t want a financial assessment

If you choose not to have a financial assessment, you will have to pay for your own care. Therefore, if you have savings below the threshold (£23,250.00) we encourage you to complete the financial form as you may qualify for financial support.

For more information please see the following downloads

Contact Adult Social Care

Telephone: 01702 215008

Go to top
Feedback button
Feedback Button