Corona Business Restrictions

Complaints process

Some businesses have been told by the government to close.

We hope that most businesses will understand why and will follow the law.

If they do not Southend-on-Sea Borough Council may issue Fixed Penalty Notices and Enforcement Notices.

If you receive a Fixed Penalty Notice or Enforcement Notice you can make a complaint if you think:

  • it should not have been issued
  • that the actions you have been asked to take are wrong

You should make your complaint:

  • within five working days
  • in writing to the Council (including by e-mail)
  • say why you do not agree

The notice or penalty remains in force while we look at your complaint.

Your complaint will be considered by a manager in the Regulatory Service.

If you do not agree with their decision, you can ask for a review.

We will try to send a reply withing ten working days of the complaint but sometimes it may take longer.

If your Fixed Penalty Notice or Enforcement Notice is cancelled, we will tell you in writing.

For further details see the full complaints procedure.

Contact Switchboard and Out of Hours

Telephone: 01702 215000

Go to top
Rating button
Rating Button