Guidance for visiting Outdoor Gym areas
Outdoor Gym areas begin to reopen from Wednesday 8 July. We want all visitors to enjoy the experience so please follow this advice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Do not visit outdoor gym areas if you or a member of your household has COVID-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate.
Before visiting a play area
- Consider which outdoor gym area you are going to visit.
- Be mindful that food or drink cannot be consumed in the outdoor gym area.
- Check Government guidance on the use of face coverings.
- Before leaving home ensure you have hand sanitiser wipes and a towel.
When you arrive at the outdoor gym area
- Check the signage on the outside of the outdoor gym area for information on the maximum number of people that should be in the area at any one time, and additional advice.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the space will be displayed on the signage. If the outdoor gym area is full, please queue outside of the outdoor gym area, respecting social distancing guidance.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available.
When in the outdoor gym area
- Stay in your household group, and respect social distancing guidance when around other users.
- When you enter the outdoor gym area sanitise your hands.
- Check for any signage highlighting any restrictions on the number of people who should be using an item of equipment.
- We recommended that you use your wipes to sanitise equipment before you use it. Handles, grips and seats are the types of areas that are regularly touched, be careful to make sure the grips are not slippery after wiping.
- Sanitise your hands each time you come off an item of equipment as a minimum.
- Sanitise your hands if you touch equipment or other surfaces in the outdoor gym area.
- Be mindful that others will want to use equipment.
- Do not consume any food or drink whilst in the outdoor gym area.
- Take all litter home with your or use litter bins where available. It is important that used tissues and wipes are not left on the ground where children can pick them up.
- Do not stay in the outdoor gym area when you have finished exercising, to allow those queuing the opportunity to use the outdoor gym area.
|Outdoor Gym||Address||Open or Closed|
|Bonchurch Park Outdoor Gym Area||Bonchurch Avenue,
|Eastwood Park Outdoor Gym Area||Brooklands Avenue,
|Priory Park Outdoor Gym Area||Victoria Avenue,
|Shoebury Park Adizone Outdoor Gym Area||Elm Road,