Helping Our Neighbours
It's important we look out for our family, friends and neighbours, especially if they live alone, are elderly or have pre-existing health conditions.
You may be able to help without having face-to-face contact. You could:
- pop a note through their door giving them your phone number, if they don't already have it
- keep in touch by phone or social media
- help them by doing their food shopping and leaving it on their doorstep
- pointing them to trusted and reliable information, such as our website, the NHS website, or the information from central Government
- encourage people to stay active at home where possible
If you, or a friend or family member feels anxious or worried, there is some helpful information on the mind website.
Worried? Need some help?
Southend Coronavirus Action Helpline 01702 212497
If your friends and family aren't able to help you and you have no local support, then please call us.
If you need help with tasks like food shopping, or you're just feeling isolated then please call us.
The helpline is open Mon to Fri (excluding Bank Holidays) 9am to 5pm.
You're not alone. If you need us, we're here.
Domestic Abuse and Coronavirus
SafeLives has lots of resources to help those in this diffiecult time. Remember if you or someone else is in immediate danger please call 999 and ask for the police.