Helping Our Neighbours
It's important we look out for our family, friends and neighbours, especially if they live alone, are elderly or have pre-existing health conditions.
You may be able to help without having face-to-face contact. You could:
- pop a note through their door giving them your phone number, if they don't already have it
- keep in touch by phone or social media
- help them by doing their food shopping and leaving it on their doorstep
- pointing them to trusted and reliable information, such as our website, the NHS website, or the information from central Government
- encourage people to stay active at home where possible
If you, or a friend or family member feels anxious or worried, there is some helpful information on the mind website.