The work of the Resilience Team at Southend on Sea Borough Council covers both Emergency Planning and Business Continuity functions.
The work of the team is heavily influenced by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The act places a number of duties on Local Authorities, these are:
- Assess the risk of emergencies occurring and use this to inform contingency planning
- Put in place Emergency Plans
- Put in place Business Continuity management arrangements
- Put in place arrangements to make information available to the public about civil protection matters and maintain arrangements to warn, inform and advise the public in the event of an emergency
- Share information with other local responders to enhance co-ordination
- Co-operate with other local responders to enhance co-ordination and efficiency
- Provide advice and assistance to businesses and voluntary organisations about business continuity management
Further information on Emergency Planning and Business Continuity can be found by clicking on the relevant area below.