MySouthend - Council Tax and Housing Benefit
MySouthend Terms and Conditions
When registering for MySouthend you will automatically receive an email each time there has been c change applied to your benefit claim or Council Tax/Business Rates account that means a new notification or bill has been issued. You also have the option whether to switch off paper, if you do, no paper bills or notifications will be sent to your address. The terms and conditions below go into further detail.
Please note – you must complete your registration, activate your account and add a service to be able to see details of your benefit claim, council tax or business rates account or to view bills or notifications online.
MySouthend Terms and Conditions
- You are responsible for keeping your username (e-mail address) and password secret and safe to prevent unauthorised viewing of your MySouthend account. If you suspect this has been compromised you will need to change your details within the service or cancel the service and re-register. The Council shall take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Information regarding your last statement is shown at the date the statement was produced and is subject to change. If you have any queries you should contact us using the email MySouthendAdvice@southend.gov.uk. You are reminded that payments are due as advised on the dates shown.
- Although we take steps to ensure our websites and links are virus-free, you are advised to ensure that you have adequate anti-virus protection on your computer.
- Access to the service may sometimes be unavailable due to maintenance. It can also be affected by your Internet Service Provider, your dial-up connection and your PC. If you experience connection difficulties you are advised to retry accessing the service.
- Payments made through the Council's internet payment service will normally be credited to your account up to two business days after they are made online. You should bear this in mind, and also check the exact amount you are paying is correct.
- Unauthorised access to your MySouthend account to specific account detail level contravenes the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and may incur criminal penalties as well as damages. Please proceed only if you are an authorised user.
- Personal data held in respect of your accounts is held in accordance with Data Protection legislation in force.
- By registering for MySouthend and linking available services (benefits, business rates and any other new services added as and when available), you will receive E Billing and Notifications. You are agreeing that any award notifications and Council Tax bills issued by the Council in respect of these services are made available online, and you can also choose whether to ‘switch off paper’, so that paper copies will not be sent out by post.
- If more than one person is named on your Council Tax or Business Rates account (joint and several liability), by registering for MySouthend you are declaring that all parties on the account are agreeing to the terms and conditions, including whether you also choose to switch off paper notifications. As detailed above, all registered customers with accounts or claims added will receive electronic notifications but have the option whether to also switch off paper notifications.
Page last updated: 17/04/2019