Easter recycling and waste collections

Find out more....

Emergency Contact Numbers

Dial 111

If you feel unwell, call 111 and a team of advisers and experienced nurses can assess your condition and direct you to the local service that can help you best, when you need it.

That could be your GP surgery, an out of hours GP, A&E, a local urgent care centre, emergency dentist or a late opening pharmacist.

If it is an emergency, an ambulance will be dispatched immediately without the need for any further assessment, just as quickly as if you had dialled 999. For less urgent health needs, residents should still contact their GP or local pharmacist.

Dial 101

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
  • To report a minor traffic collision
  • To give the police information about a crime in your area
  • To speak to the police about a general enquiry

Dial 999

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened. 

Other Numbers 

Samaritans - Free call 116 123 or 01702611 911 (local charges apply) you can also email Jo at Samaritans of Southend

Silverline - If you are feeling lonely or isolated, The Silver Line is a free, confidential, 24 hour a day helpline for older people. Call 0800 470 8090 or visit the Silverline website.

Electricity Emergencies - Visit the UK Power Networks website or call 105 or 0800 3163105 

Water and Sewerage Enquiries and Emergencies:

Essex and Suffolk Water on 0345 782 0999

To report a leak or flood call 0800 526 337

Anglian Water - 0345 714 5145

To report a leak or flood call 0800 771 881 

Environment Agency - Find out about flood risk on the GOV.UK website or call 0345 988 1188. 

Page last updated: 20/06/2017