Southend 2050 - Active and Involved
By the year 2050 how does our borough, Southend-on-Sea, look and feel?
Southend-on-Sea has grown, but our sense of togetherness has grown with it. That means there's a culture of serving the community, getting involved and making a difference, whether you're a native or a newcomer, young and old. This is a place where people know and support their neighbours, and where we all share responsibility for where we live. Southend in 2050 is a place that we're all building together - and that's what makes it work for everyone.
Outcomes - In five years time:
- even more southenders agree that people from different backgrounds are valued and get on well together
- the benefits of community connection are evident as more people come together to help support and spend time with each other
- public services are routinely designed - and sometimes delivered - with their users to best meet their needs
- a range of initiatives help communities come together to enhance their neighbourhood and environment
- more people have active lifestyles and there are significantly fewer people who do not engage in any physical activity
Page last updated: 14/08/2019