Southend 2050 - Safe and Well
By the year 2050 how does our borough, Southend-on-Sea, look and feel?
People are proud of where they live - the historic buildings and well-designed new developments, the seafront and the open spaces. The city centre has generated jobs, homes and leisure opportinities, whilst the borough's focal centres all offer something different and distinctive. With its reputation for creativity and culture, as well as the draw of the seaside, Southend-on-Sea is a place that residents and visitors can enjoy in all seasons. Above all we continue to cherish our coastline as a place to come together, be well and enjoy life.
Outcomes : In five years time
- people in all parts of the borough will feel safe and secure at all times
- southenders are remaining well enough to enjoy fulfilling lives, throughout their lives
- we are well on our way to ensuring that everyone has a home that meets our needs
- we are all effective at protecting and improving the quality of life for the most vulnerable in our community
- we act as a green city with outstanding examples of energy efficient and carbon neutral buildings, green open spaces, streets, transport and recycling
Page last updated: 08/08/2019