PublicAccess for Planning and Licensing

The PublicAccess system for planning and licensing will be unavailable from 17:30 Friday 19th October to Saturday 20th October for essential maintenance work.

Animal Feed Licensing

For assistance in understanding the legal requirements for making pet foods at home, including the need for registration / approval please click here  

If you or your business carries out any of the following activities, then it is likely that you need to apply for an animal feed licence.

  • Manufacture of pet foods or treats
  • Manufacturing animal feeds
  • Marketing animal feeds
  • Importing animal feeds
  • Storing animal feeds
  • Transporting animal feeds and grain
  • Selling co-products of the food industry as feeds
  • Feeding food-producing animals
  • Growing crops to be used as animal feeds

You do not need to register for;

  • Animals kept for private domestic consumption
  • Animals not kept for food production
  • Private domestic production of feed for either of the above
  • The retailing of pet food

You  can download an application to register / approve premises here.  

Page last updated: 16/07/2018