Tell Us Once Service: If You've Just Had a Baby
This service is to help you contact all the different government departments and local council services you need to notify when you’ve had a baby.
Information you will need to use the service
To use this service it will help if you can bring along:
- your child’s Birth Certificate (you may be registering the birth directly before you use this service)
- the person(s) named on the birth register's National Insurance number(s) and/or date of birth, address and telephone number
- details of any benefits the person(s) named on the birth register get or have applied for
- the partner of the person named on the birth register, (if they live in the same household) including their National Insurance number and/or date of birth and information about any benefits they may get
You need to get permission from the above people before you give us their details to use the service.
How the service can help you
By allowing us to act on your behalf we can tell the following organisations and departments:
- Jobcentre Plus
- Housing Benefit Office
- Council Tax Benefit Office
- Library Services
- Children's Services (Family Information Services)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Child Benefit
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit
How we will treat the information you give us
The information you give will be treated securely and confidentially. The organisations who are contacted will use the information to update records; to end services, benefits and credits as appropriate; and to resolve any outstanding issues. They may use this information in other ways, but only as the law allows. For more information please email the Registration Service at [email protected] or call on 01702 215009.
Page last updated: 28/06/2018