Overgrown Trees, Shrubs, Hedges
What is overgrown vegetation?
Overgrown vegetation is when plants such as:
Are growing onto public land and are causing a problem or a danger to the public.
The problems of overgrown vegetation
Overgrown vegetation can cause many problems such as:
- it makes the street look untidy
- it can also cause damage to homes, especially ivy and Japanese knotweed
Also, overgrown trees and hedges can cause safety issues;
- they can block driver’s views of road signs and pedestrians
- along with pedestrian’s views of oncoming traffic
- vegetation also stops the street lights from lighting the road at night
How can I report overgrown vegetation?
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to report a problem in your local area, which is why we have My Southend our online forms for reporting issues.
Simply go onto My Southend and fill in a short form to tell us what the issue is and the location of where the problem is happening.
Page last updated: 22/01/2020