We have a dedicated website about cycling; Cycle Southend’s role is to encourage cycling across the wider community targeting groups and individuals.
For further information on cycle training, working with employers to persuade employees to cycle to work, recycling bicycles, cycle routes and cycling events please visit the Cycle Southend website.
For cycle training in Southend go to the Cycle Southend website.
Routes are clearly signposted and are sometimes with pedestrians.
These are only a sample of our routes:
- Prittle Brook Greenway
- Belfairs Park to Priory Park
- Park – Pier - Priory Park to Victoria Gateway/Town Centre to the Pier via the University/Forum and SEE College
- Gateway - City Beach via Queensway and Hartingdon Road
- Seafront Cycle Route - City Beach to Gunners Park and Shoeburyness
- Seafront Cycle Route - City Beach to Chalkwell Beach
- A127 Cycle Route
- Eastern Avenue/Royal Artillery Way Cycle Route
- Prittle Brook to Cherry Orchard Country Park
For a cycle map of all routes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to do with unwanted bikes?
Instead of taking your old bikes to the tip why not give them to the Re-Cycle centre?
Our trained technicians will service each bike and then offer the bikes to volunteer groups and the public at a reduced price.
The Re-Cycle centre is located at:2 Brunell Road, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 5JL
- Tuesday 9am to 3pm
- Wednesday 9am to 3pm
- Thursday 4pm to 8pm (Sales day)
- Friday 9.30am to 3.00pm
- Saturday 9.30m to 3.30pm (Sales day)
For ideas and inspiration on how to travel better in Southend, by bike, foot or on the bus and train, visit the Ideas in Motion website. And if you’re already cycling, visit Comfy Saddle for information, equipment and accessories.
For more information please visit the Cycle Southend website.
Page last updated: 27/06/2018