Community Grants - In-Year
In-Year Grants were established in 2003/2004 to assist with pump-priming of new groups and emergency matters arising for existing groups. In 2007/2008 this programme was extended to include special events that contribute to community well-being and promote community cohesion and social inclusion within the borough.
Current budget - 2019 / 2020
In 2019/2020 the total budget for the In-Year programme is £25,000 and applications of up to a maximum of £2,000 will be considered.
If all available funds are exhausted in the initial round of the programme then there will be no further rounds - so plan ahead and apply early!
Who can apply?
You can apply for a grant if:
- You are a formally constituted voluntary or community organisation.
- You are an organisation based in Southend, or able to demonstrate benefits within Southend which are in the voluntary or not-for-profit sector.
- You are a small community group that has not previously received funding, particularly from local black and minority ethnic groups.
We will be welcoming applications from those who have projects, activities or services that demonstrate benefits within Southend and align with priorities in the Southend 2050 plan.
Funding is not available for:
- Groups whose main aim is campaigning
- Activities or projects that promote religion
- Groups that have uncommitted/unrestricted funds that could be used to fund the activity
- Projects that have already taken place
- Activities, the full cost of which can be charged for
- Routine maintenance of equipment/premises
|Opening date||Closing date|
|Initial Round||Monday 15 April 2019||Wednesday 26 June 2019|
|2nd Round||Monday 1 July 2019||Wednesday 4 September 2019|
|3rd Round||Monday 9 September 2019||Wednesday 20 November 2019|
|4th Round||Monday 25 November 2019||Wednesday 5 February 2020|
It is essential that you read the 'General Guidance' notes before filling in the application form to ensure that your organisation is eligible for funding and that the activities or services for which you are seeking support meet the Council's own critical priorities and the overall needs of Southend's communities.
Funded groups will be required to keep financial records (receipts/invoices) of how the grant money was spent and to fill in a simple monitoring form at the end of the financial year.
Page last updated: 11/04/2019